Eye Lid Surgery
Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the eyelids. Surgery can be performed on the upper lids, lower lids or both.
This surgery can treat the below:
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision
- Fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the eyelids.
- Bags under the eyes.
- Drooping lower eyelids that reveal white below the iris.
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid.
The decision to undergo the procedure is completely yours and you will have to make sure you weigh all your options before taking the plunge.
POSSIBLE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS ARE:
- Swelling and bruising.
- Bleeding from the incision lines.
- Dryness to the eyes.
- Sensitivity to sun or other bright light.
- Difficulty closing your eyes.
- Possible need for revision surgery.
BENEFITS OF THE PROCEDURE:
- Reduces bagginess of the eyelids.
- Removes excess skin.
- Effective way to improve eyesight.